Monday, February 8, 2010

A Train Trip with 'Lil G

G: Dad, where are we going?

Dad: We're taking a ride on a train.

G: Is it a big train?

Dad: Yes.

G: Why are we riding the train?

Dad: We have some errands to run in the town South of us.

G: Why?

Dad: Because some things need to get done today. Hold my hand.

G: Daddy, why do I have to hold your hand?

Dad: Because we're crossing the street and I want you to be safe. O.K., now look both ways.

G: Why do I have to look both ways?

Dad: In order to make sure that there are no cars coming.

G: Oh. Daddy, why do you have a shadow?

Dad: Because...

G: Daddy, I'm stepping on your shadow!

Dad: Watch your step. Stay next to me while I purchase a ticket.

G: Why are you buying a ticket?

Dad: Because that is how we get on the train.

G: Daddy, I'm scared.

Dad: Don't you want to get on the train?

G: No... Yes!

Dad: O.K., come here. I need to pick you up.

G: Daddy, why are you picking me up?

Dad: So that we can get on the train.

G: Yeah! I'm tall.

Dad: Alright, now you can sit next to me or get on your knees and look out the window.

G: Daddy, we're moving! Look! It's the con-duc-tor.

Dad: Uh-huh.

G: The con-duc-tor takes the ticket.

Dad: Yep.

G: Daddy?

Dad: Yes, G.

G: Why is that lady's hair like that?

Dad: Uh...

G: Daddy, why are you being funny?

Dad: Turn around and look out the window, G.

G: Why?

Dad: It's not polite to stare.

G: Oh. Daddy, where are we going?

Dad: G, stop asking questions.

4 comments:

DSW said...

I remember having conversations just like that with Lil' G's father and his sibblings.

Andrew said...

good stuff

claire said...

where were you going?

Francis H. Woods said...

Claire-

Frame shop. Got areselfs sum art.

It was a good trip.